A lot of people are doing it. I feel like I often read about people who are just beginning it. On occasion, I have heard people cursing it. And now, we are doing it too – a Whole30!
We are not new to challenges, back in February we completed our own 45 day paleo challenge. The primary differences between our challenge and the Whole30 are that we included gluten-free alcohol and paleo substitutes (like ‘paleo pancakes’) on our list of acceptable foods. These are foods that are not acceptable for the Whole30, which we are sticking to 100%!
Today is Day 14 of our Whole30 and so far so good!
A few things about the Whole30 that make me smile:
- I’m creating complete menu plans again, meaning I plan and try new recipes and everything tastes wonderful – and there are delicious leftovers for lunch!
- I feel good, real good. I am going to sleep early and waking up with lots of energy.
- I feel leaner, that makes me happy.
- Everyone around me at work is sick, I am not.
A few things that are challenging me:
- I miss my occasional glass of wine.
- I am realizing how most of our social gatherings focus on food and drink, and when I can’t have the food, I would normally at least have a drink – now I can’t have either and don’t know what to do.
- We have eliminated our occasional cup of decaf coffee, I miss it.