Absolutely will be eaten
- Lean meats (grass-fed as much as possible)
- Omega-3 eggs
- Veggies (non-starchy)
- Nuts - primarily walnuts & macadamias
- Oils – olive, coconut and walnut
Not a bit, none!
- All dairy
- All grains
- All legumes
- Corn & corn products
- Refined sugars
- All other oils
- Fruit – 2 servings per day max
- Sweet Potatoes – only on big workout days
- Almonds – last resort nut, all nuts limited to 4oz max per day
- Honey/Agave – Barely any, couple tablespoons per week (just enough to enjoy a very rare ‘paleo candy bar’)
- Nut flours – only walnut; max two nut flour ‘breaded’ meals per week
- Vodka – preferably Ciroc (gluten free, distilled from grapes), rocks or with club soda
- Tequila – (will be trying Robb Wolf’s NorCal Margarita recipe)
- Wine & Ciders – preferably organic and low sugar on the cider
- Limit 1 drink per night, no more than 3 nights per week.
- Max 1 night a weekend multiple drinks are ok if out for a social drinking occasion.
- Remain cognizant of time before bed, allow 2-3 hours between a drink and bed time. If not, have a small, protein-laden snack.
Supplements (Ryan’s plan)
- Fish oils – personalized quantity: use Robb Wolf's fish oil calculator
- Vitamin D - maybe, will do more research, but something should be done because the sunlight is elusive right now.
- CLA - 2000-3000mg/daily
I will take the fish oils, and may dabble in some fish oils that include flax and CLA, but overall I am just not as sold on the concept of supplements as Ryan.