Sunday, September 25, 2011

Everybody's Doing It...

A lot of people are doing it.  I feel like I often read about people who are just beginning it.  On occasion, I have heard people cursing it.  And now, we are doing it too – a Whole30!

We are not new to challenges, back in February we completed our own 45 day paleo challenge.  The primary differences between our challenge and the Whole30 are that we included gluten-free alcohol and paleo substitutes (like ‘paleo pancakes’) on our list of acceptable foods.  These are foods that are not acceptable for the Whole30, which we are sticking to 100%!

Today is Day 14 of our Whole30 and so far so good! 

A few things about the Whole30 that make me smile:
  • I’m creating complete menu plans again, meaning I plan and try new recipes and everything tastes wonderful – and there are delicious leftovers for lunch!
  • I feel good, real good.  I am going to sleep early and waking up with lots of energy.
  • I feel leaner, that makes me happy.
  • Everyone around me at work is sick, I am not.
A few things that are challenging me:
  • I miss my occasional glass of wine.
  • I am realizing how most of our social gatherings focus on food and drink, and when I can’t have the food, I would normally at least have a drink – now I can’t have either and don’t know what to do.
  • We have eliminated our occasional cup of decaf coffee, I miss it.
Overall though, it feels great and I'm happy to be getting back to the basics!  Now I just hope that we don't get in trouble when we go to the bar to meet friends to watch football and only order waters.

3 comments:

  1. Hang in there, it's only for 30 days. I kept reminding myself during my last 30 days that it's only for 30 days!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Shari! That's exactly what I keep telling myself. And reminding myself how good I feel ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I have never read such a excellent 2012 New Arrival Nike Free 5.0 Couple article and I am coming back tomorrow to continue reading.

    ReplyDelete