Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Paleo Taste Bud Takeover

It's Day 17 of our challenge, and something interesting is beginning to happen...I think my taste buds are changing.

I've found the past several meals to be extra scrumptious, but they are the same types of meals we've been eating for the past 17 days.  Prior to our challenge the majority of our meals were paleo, with a few open meals per week.  I noticed a change in my preferences right away, mostly related to foods at restaurants tasting too salty.  After months of eating this way, I begain to notice that I no longer enjoyed cheese as much as I used to.  In college, I would often buy a bag of pre-shredded cheese, grab a handful and throw it in my mouth.  Now even the thought of this is revolting.

But that's not exactly what I'm feeling today.  Rather than an aversion to foods I used to love, I've begun to crave the paleo foods we are cooking.  Perhaps we're just getting better at preparing meats and are working out our cooking skills, but it really just feels like I'm savoring my paleo foods that much more.

I wonder if this has happened to anybody else going paleo...


#16 - Aramis Ramirez, Chicago Cubs
(Yes, it is day 17 - but I prefer Aramis to Fontenot)

No comments:

Post a Comment